Business Valuation Services
SEACAP provides valuation services in concert with client-related business sale and acquisition engagements. The SEACAP approach blends traditional valuation methodology with market-tested experiences to produce practical appraisal conclusions. Business appraisals can be required for a variety of reasons including:
- Purchase or sale event
- Shareholder exit planning
- Buy-sell agreements
- Partnership formation and dissolution
A company’s value is best determined by using multiple appraisal methods, which are taken from three basic valuation approaches:
- The Asset Approach – Involves a value analysis of the tangible and intangible assets and liabilities.
- The Market Approach – Focuses on the development of valuation metrics through an analysis of purchase-and-sale transactions involving other comparable companies.
- The Income Approach – Produces an estimate of a company’s value through analyses of the subject’s earning capacity. Methods involve a capitalization of the subject company’s earnings stream, or a present value derived from discounting projected future earnings.